"Not all those who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien

1.15.2010

Julie and Julia

So, I'd be lying if I said that watching Julia and Julia recently had nothing to do with the fact that I'm blogging right now. I had heard of blogging before and always thought of it as sort of a selfish way to let one's thoughts go, and that it may even be futile (how many people actually take time out of their day to read other people's blogs?). But the aforementioned movie made me think about the idea of venting a little, and maybe even sharing some creative thoughts, and in thinking about blogging I have realized that even if it is selfish, perhaps it can have some sort of impact on someone else (because apparently people do read other people's blogs!). I'm not attempting to master the art of French cooking on my blog, but I am attempting to share little bits of my life, so welcome.

For my first post I will simply say that I am an old soul in a young body--I stole the title of my blog, Silver Girl, from a Fleetwood Mac song which tells the story of "a silver girl/ lost in a high tech world," which explains exactly how I feel sometimes (though I am slowly adapting to this high tech world). I love watching movies, especially ones that make me think and feel, like those of the independent and sci-fi sort. I love classic rock and can't get enough of my Fleetwood! I got a tambourine for Christmas, and suprisingly, it is actually a bit difficult to play...I am learning.

That's all for now...more blogging to come later.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment